Encouraged by a surge in private consumption, investment, export demand, and the government’s attempt to resolve policy bottle necks, international investment bank Nomura Securities scaled up India’s growth projection for 2014-15 from 5 percent to 6 percent.
Nomura also estimates that the Sensex will rise another 15% in the next 12 months and has projected a rise in the GDP growth of 6.8 percent from 6.5 percent for fiscal year 2015-16 has been bumped up to
“We are seeing a broad-based revival. We expect this momentum to continue as the government is proactively resolving investment backlogs,” said Sonal Varma and Aman Mohunta of Nomura in a note on India.
The government is set to release second quarter GDP numbers on August 9.
German brokerage Deutsche Bank Markets Research also raised its growth projection for India to an eight- quarter high of 5.6 percent. Both Nomura and DBMR analysts say that India has begun its cyclical recovery.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Africa Insights2020.07.11Webinar Video: Mapping Next Steps in India-Africa Partnership
- China Connect2020.07.10It’s time to put India-China relations back on track, think ahead: Chinese envoy
- Business with India2020.07.09India is playing a leading role in the global revival: Modi
- India and the World2020.07.06Doval-Wang video call defuses India-China crisis, focus back on border peace