India is all set to showcase the country’s manufacturing potential at the Make in India week in Mumbai, beginning February 13. The flagship programme of the government which aims to make India a manufacturing hub, will also highlight indigenous crafts manufactured in India.
The ‘Make in India’ week in Mumbai will put the spotlight on the nation’s emerging manufacturing sector. Around 800 top delegates and global CEOs are expected to attend the inaugural dinner of the ‘Make in India’ event in Mumbai on February 13.
While the focus has traditionally been on the defence sector manufacturing under this initiative, the event will also comprise art, fashion, music and Indian cuisine.
India’s financial capital is all decked up for the event street art, wall paintings and street signboards and interactive digital displays will spotlight the India growth opportunity. Around 30 local artists would be engaged in giving shape to these works of art which includes art directors who have even put up sets for Bollywood movies.
“Every visitor to the city who’d be a part of the ‘Make in India’ week, these illustrations would aim to make the idea of manufacturing more exciting for the younger generation,” said V. Sunil, creative director of ‘Make in India’.
Delegates from over 1,000 companies across 60 countries would attend the ‘Make In India’ week event. The event is being organized by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) and the Union Ministry of Commerce and industry, which is responsible for overseeing the progress of the manufacturing sector.
As a part of the ‘Make in India’ event, the National Gallery of Modern Art will hold an exhibition, ‘State of Architecture: Practices and Processes in India’. “There will be a series of outreach events and activities during the exhibition,” said NGMA director Shivaprasad Khened.
(Sridhar Ramaswamy contributed inputs for this article)
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- India and the World2021.06.10India-Germany @70: Greater cooperation in shaping Indo-Pacific & rules-based order
- India & EU2021.06.10India, Germany celebrate 70th anniversary of ties with special stamp
- India and the World2021.06.08Free vaccines to states, India will prevail over Corona: Modi
- India and the World2021.06.07With SAARC declining, Modi calls for bolstering BIMSTEC