The ‘Make in India’ show finally took off amidst much fanfare with Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurating the ‘Make In India’ Centre at the MMRDA Grounds in Mumbai, along with Sweden’s Prime Minister Kjell Stefan Lofven and Finland’s Prime Minister Juha Petri Sipila. The launch of the ‘Make in India’ week is a part of the government’s initiative to bolster the manufacturing sector in India.
The ‘Make in India’ event is expected to offer immense access and opportunities to connect with Indian and global industry leaders, the central and state governments and other stakeholders. There will also be a series of state investment seminars from across India. Apart from that, there would also be around 20 sector-specific seminars focusing on key focus areas, along with group and panel discussions on policies, ease of doing business, foreign direct investment, intellectual property rights, national manufacturing and other events.
The flagship programme of the government, which aims to make India a manufacturing hub, will also highlight indigenous crafts manufactured in India. Delegates from around 1,000 companies across 60 countries are expected to attend the ‘Make In India’ week event.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- Business with India2021.09.16India, UK eye interim trade deal, aim for $30 billion target
- India and the World2021.09.09BRICS@15 summit: Modi calls for making BRICS more result-oriented
- India and the World2021.09.03India, Russia deepen Far-East connect ahead of Putin’s visit
- China Connect2021.08.26China set to play a bigger role in Taliban-ruled Afghanistan