One of the hallmarks of Brand India is its creative acumen. This knack for innovation has landed five Indian companies on the Forbes’ list of world’s 100 most innovative companies list.
This list includes Hindustan Unilever (HUL) at rank 14, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) at 57, Larsen and Turbo at 58, Sun Pharmaceuticals at 65 and Bajaj Auto at 96.
The list consists of those companies that investors think are likely to “generate big, new growth ideas.” The list was topped by California based Salesforce, followed by another American company, Alexion Pharmaceutical.
The Forbes list ranks only those companies with at least $ 10 billion in market capitalisation, spend a minimum of 2.5 percent revenue on R&D and have seven years of public data.
The list ranks the companies in accordance to their innovative Premium: a measure of that compares the net present value, based on current cash flows, with its current Enterprise Value (EV) based on expectation of future innovative results.
Companies with high EV above the base value have a high innovation premium built into their stock price.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- Diplomacy2021.03.05Connectivity with Bangladesh is of prime importance, says Jaishankar in Dhaka
- India and the World2021.03.01Environment in the Media webinar: It’s time for world to unite against global warming
- Diplomacy2021.02.24India at forefront of global action against terrorism: Jaishankar at UNHRC
- India and the World2021.02.23India-Japan collaboration in the North-East region