While India and the US look to bolster defence and strategic ties with much-awaited Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Agreement (LEMOA), the visit by US Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asian Affairs Nisha Desai Biswal to India seeks to accelerate the strategic partnership between both the countries. The regular high level visits from both the countries show the maturity phase of the relationship.
The visit of Ms Biswal from April 18-21 includes meeting with government officials and business leaders to discuss opportunities for greater engagement. During her visit in India, she will meet government leaders to discuss a trade and business ties. Her meetings will also focus on a range of bilateral, regional, and global issues to deepen the US-India strategic partnership.
India and the US seek to seal the logistics pact at the earliest after the negotiations made considerable progress during Mr Carter’s visit to India. The agreement will allow both countries to share each other’s facilities and enhance cooperation in defence.
The visit of Ms Biswal will also focus on bolstering India-US trade relations. She will also meet business leaders and students of US-India economic relations to promote the US-India ties. India and the US have sought to increase their bilateral trade to $500 billion.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- What they Say2021.06.21Yoga a source of inner strength: PM Modi
- Culture2021.06.21Yoga a ray of hope & confidence in time of pandemic: PM Modi
- Africa Insights2021.06.17India-Eswatini Ties on Higher Trajectory
- India and the World2021.06.16US, Russia will launch strategic stability dialogue, talks positive: Biden