The arc of savagery is widening by the day, with the latest terror rampage in a Munich mall shows. Dhaka, Nice and now Munich – these terror attacks across continents in less than a month underlines the increasing ferocity of terrorists inspired by radical Islamism and neurosis.
The latest lone wolf attack at the Olympia Einkaufszentrum shopping center wherein a man with a rifle went on a killing spree, slaughtering nine people and injuring over 20, is deeply distressing as it shows some freak deranged creature can go on a mayhem anytime anywhere.
The terror attack has come as a huge shock in Germany as it has been far the most hospitable country to refugees.
The perpetrator of the crime was a lone 18-year-old German-Iranian from Munich who had been living in the city for more than two years, Munich Police President Hubertus Andrae said.The motive for the attack was “fully unclear,” he said.
The mayhem was the third act of terror to rattle Europe in eight days. The Bastille Day massacre by a Tunisian-born man who ploughed his truck into revellers in the French Riviera city of Nice killed 84 people on July 14. This week, an Afghan teenager wounded five people on a train with an axe near the Bavarian city of Wurzburg. These increasingly idiosyncratic modes of attack show that the Islamic State and other assorted terror outfits are able to infiltrate impressionable minds of young zealots with ease, leaving no place in the world safe from their barbaric grip.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Power of India2020.08.07National Education Policy aims to keep the current and future generations – Future Ready : Modi
- India and the World2020.07.31Indian Ocean connect: Modi brands India’s development partnership
- India and the World2020.07.31China’s envoy rejects threat narrative, focuses on win-win with India
- Diplomacy2020.07.29ISIS threat in Kerala and Karnataka