Showcasing India’s economic transformation in the last four years, Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled a robust vision of the country’s future in his speech from the majestic Red Fort on the 72nd Independence Day on August 15, 2018.
“We are celebrating this Independence Day when every Indian anywhere in the world is proud that India is the sixth biggest economy in the world today. India used to be counted in the ‘Fragile Five’ in the world. But today, India is a multi-billion dollar investment. The narrative changed. Businesses used to talk about red tape, now they talk about red carpet. They used to talk about policy paralysis, today they talk about reform, perform, transform. The honest taxpayer of India has a major role in the progress of the nation. It is due to them that so many people are fed, the lives of the poor are transformed,” he said.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- Diplomacy2021.09.18Why Chinese Vaccines Are Welcomed by Its Neighbors
- India and the World2021.09.17AUKUS triggers diplomatic churn, India adopts strategic silence
- India and the World2021.09.17With Taliban on mind, Modi asks SCO to forge template against extremism
- Business with India2021.09.16India, UK eye interim trade deal, aim for $30 billion target