In the most basic way, writers are defined not by the stories they tell, or their politics, or their gender, or their race, but by the words they use. Writing begins with language, and it is in that initial choosing, as one sifts through the wayward lushness of our wonderful mongrel English, that choice of vocabulary and grammar and tone, the selection on the palette, that determines who’s sitting at that desk. Language creates the writer’s attitude toward the particular story he’s decided to tell.
n Donald E. Westlake
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- India and the World2021.07.20India, Japan to partner in Russia’s Far East, Pacific Island states
- Culture2021.07.16Kashi has been adorned with so many development projects in the last 7 years and it won’t be complete without Rudraksh :Modi
- India and the World2021.07.14India to China: Early resolution of crisis in interest of both countries
- Africa Insights2021.07.14India brands Africa partnership with “co-capabilities and co-benefits” mantra