“To control corruption, the Central government has taken various policy decisions, yet there is requirement of an integrated policy. Policy should address needs of industry, trade, agriculture and environment which will safeguard interests of all. The biggest contribution to our economy is made by the small, medium industries and self-employed business. Our economic policies should ensure that the needs of big businesses, small medium and micro are to be protected. The small, medium and micro business have to be strengthened because they give employment to many people.
There should be a minimum support price for farmers so that they are able to look after their families. Agriculture is a big source of employment but small farmers suffering because of reduction in prices, vagaries of market and nature. The government is sensitive to the needs of farmers and farm loan waiver is one big example. We have to bring new technology in agriculture sector.”
— RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat in his annual Vijaya Dashmi speech in Nagpur, India on September 30, 2017
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- India and the World2021.09.17AUKUS triggers diplomatic churn, India adopts strategic silence
- India and the World2021.09.17With Taliban on mind, Modi asks SCO to forge template against extremism
- Business with India2021.09.16India, UK eye interim trade deal, aim for $30 billion target
- India and the World2021.09.09BRICS@15 summit: Modi calls for making BRICS more result-oriented