Prime Minister Narendra Modi has described his Bharatiya Janata Party’s stunning victory in assembly elections in India’s biggest state Uttar Pradesh as historic and underlined that it’s a mandate for “development and good governance.”
In a series of tweets on March 11, he said: “I thank the people of Uttar Pradesh from the core of my heart. This victory of Bharatiya Janata Party is a victory for development and good governance.”
“Gratitude to the people of India for the continued faith, support and affection for the BJP. This is very humbling & overwhelming,” Mr Modi said.
“Am overjoyed that BJP has received unprecedented support from all sections of society. Huge support from the youth is gladdening,” he said in a separate post on the micro-blogging site.
Mr Modi said “every moment of our time, everything we do is for welfare & wellbeing of the people of India. We believe in the power of 125 crore Indians.”
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s office said in a post on the PM’s Twitter handle that he congratulated Modi and BJP on the election victory in UP and Uttarakhand.
Mr Modi replied by posting “Thank you. Long Live Democracy.”
Mr Modi termed as “very special” BJP’s emphatic win in the elections in Uttarakhand state also and assured the people of the state that his party’s government would “work with full alacrity assiduousness to serve the people.”
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- India and the World2021.11.26Putin visit to India: 2+2 boost for India-Russia ties
- Diplomacy2021.11.2626/11@13: India reminds Pakistan of closure, justice for Mumbai terror victims
- India and the World2021.11.18PM Modi warns world about crypto-currencies falling in wrong hands
- Business with India2021.11.15FTAs with Australia, UK, UAE on fast track: Piyush Goyal