Yoga, the yoking together of mind and body. A celebration of the spirit that animates humankind and a harbinger of physical vigour, mental serenity and spiritual radiance. Born at least five thousand years ago in pre-Vedic times in India, yoga has transcended its origins and become a global byword for wellness and a harmonious synthesis of mind and spirit.
From Cairo to Chicago and Nagpur to New York, Tokyo to Moscow, Sao Paulo to Singapore, and Addis Ababa to Tashkent, yoga has found ardent practitioners and devotees everywhere. Yoga’s emergence as a global brand and the most visible symbol of India’s soft power is a work in progress.
It was, therefore, a cause of rejoicing and celebrations not just in India, but among yoga lovers all over the world when the United Nations declared the International Day of Yoga, which will now be observed every year on June 21.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Africa Insights2022.07.20Jaishankar outlines new triad for India-Africa ties: health digital and green growth
- Diplomacy2022.07.20India, Africa co-partners in economic growth: Piyush Goyal
- India and the World2022.07.15I2U2 Quad unveils plans for making India regional food hub
- News2022.07.11Modi unveils National Emblem cast on the roof of the new Parliament