Open borders, open hearts – no two countries are as intimately bound and their destinies interlinked as India and Nepal. Now, these fraternal ties, bound by geography, nature, history and culture, are set to get a new momentum as India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi heads on his maiden trip to Nepal, the first bilateral visit by an Indian prime minister in the last 17 years. This will be Prime Minister Modi’s second trip to a neighbouring country, the first being Bhutan, within months of taking charge of the world’s most populous democracy. The visit underscores the importance India attaches to nurturing its multi-layered ties with Nepal and the primacy of South Asia in India’s foreign policy calculus.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- India and the World2021.11.26Putin visit to India: 2+2 boost for India-Russia ties
- Diplomacy2021.11.2626/11@13: India reminds Pakistan of closure, justice for Mumbai terror victims
- India and the World2021.11.18PM Modi warns world about crypto-currencies falling in wrong hands
- Business with India2021.11.15FTAs with Australia, UK, UAE on fast track: Piyush Goyal