Rejecting Pakistan’s Prime Minister Imran Khan’s offer of a probe into the Pulwama terror attack in south Kashmir which killed 40 Indian troops, India has asked the Pakistani leader to act and underlined that Jaish-e-Mohammad and its leader Masood Azhar are based in his country.
Accusing Imran Khan of ignored claims made by the Jaish-e-Mohammad, as well as by the terrorist, who perpetrated the Pulwama massacre, India’s Ministry of External Affairs said in a statement: “These should be sufficient proof for Pakistan to take action.”
Here is the 7-point response by India’s foreign office to Imran Khan’s video message disclaiming Pakistan’s links with the Pulwama carnage:
1) We are not surprised that the Prime Minister of Pakistan refuses to acknowledge the attack on our security forces in Pulwama as an act of terrorism. Prime Minister of Pakistan has neither chosen to condemn this heinous act nor condoled with the bereaved families
2) Disclaiming any link between the terrorist attack and Pakistan is an oft-repeated excuse by Pakistan. The Pakistani Prime Minister has ignored claims made by the Jaish-e-Mohammad, as well as by the terrorist, who perpetrated this heinous crime. It is a well-known fact that Jaish-e-Mohammad and its leader Masood Azhar are based in Pakistan. These should be sufficient proof for Pakistan to take action.
3) The Prime Minister of Pakistan has offered to investigate the matter if India provides proof. This is a lame excuse. In the horrific attack in Mumbai on 26/11, proof was provided to Pakistan. Despite this, the case has not progressed for the last more than 10 years. Likewise, on the terror attack on Pathankot airbase, there has been no progress. Promises of “guaranteed action” ring hollow given the track record of Pakistan.
4. The Prime Minister has referred to a “Naya Pakistan” with a new thinking. In this “Naya Pakistan”, Ministers of the current Government publicly share platforms with terrorists like Hafeez Saeed who have been proscribed by the United Nations.
5) Pakistan’s Prime Minister has called for dialogue and expressed his readiness to talk about terrorism. India has repeatedly stated that it is ready to engage in a comprehensive bilateral dialogue in an atmosphere free from terror and violence.
6) Pakistan claims to be the greatest victim of terrorism. This is far from truth. The international community is well acquainted with the reality that Pakistan is the nerve center of terrorism.
7) It is regrettable that the Pakistani Prime Minister has insinuated that India’s response to the terrorist attack is determined by the forthcoming General Election. India rejects this false allegation. India’s democracy is a model for the world which Pakistan would never understand. We demand Pakistan to stop misleading the international community and take credible and visible action against the perpetrators of Pulwama terrorist attack and other terrorists and terror groups operating from areas under their control.
- Daily Fix2019.07.18We welcome today’s verdict in the ICJ. Truth and justice have prevailed : Modi
- Corporate India2019.07.17The UK and India have been top five investors in each other’s economies since 2010
- In Conversation2019.07.15India and Australia can be the strongest friends in the Indo-Pacific region: Australia envoy
- Diplomacy2019.07.13South China Sea: Vietnam envoy bats for fast-tracking binding code of conduct, ASEAN solidarity