Mr Fadnavis is the first chief minister of the first BJP government in Maharashtra.
The swearing-in ceremony was held at the Wankehde stadium in Mumbai, the capital of Maharashtra. The star-studded glittering function was attended by the country’s power pack, including Prime Minister Narendra Modi, BJP chief Amit Shah, BJP patriarch L.K. Advani, Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray and hordes of politicians, business tycoons, film stars and celebrities.
Fadnavis, a four-time MLA from Nagpur, is the second youngest politician to become the chief minister of Maharahstra.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- News2021.05.14India fighting Covid on a war footing: PM Modi
- Diplomacy2021.05.14In Solidarity: Italy sends more Covid-19 relief to India
- China Connect2021.05.10China provides oxygen, ventilators to bolster India’s anti-Covid fight
- Diplomacy2021.05.08Trade and beyond: a new impetus to the EU-India Partnership