XIAMEN: India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled his vision for making a better world brick by brick, or, through BRICS, and outlined ten Noble Commitments for fructifying the promise of another golden decade for the BRICS grouping of emerging powers.
“It is our solemn duty to make a better world – brick by brick, or, through BRICS. Yesterday, I had spoken about the BRICS driving the global transformation in the next ten years for it to be a Golden Decade,” the India leader said in his intervention at the BRICS Emerging Markets and Developing Countries Dialogue in Xiamen on September 5.
Mr Modi underlined that this can be brought about with “proactive approach, policies, and action, on the ten Noble Commitments.” These are:
- Creating a Safer World: by organized and coordinated action on at least three issues: Counter Terrorism, Cyber Security and Disaster Management.
- Creating a Greener World: by taking concerted action on countering Climate Change, through initiatives such as the International Solar Alliance,
- Creating an Enabled World: by sharing and deploying suitable technologies to enhance efficiency, economy and effectiveness.
- Creating an Inclusive World: by economic mainstreaming of our people including in the banking and financial system.
- Creating a Digital World: by bridging the digital divide within and outside our economies.
- Creating a Skilled World: by giving future-ready skills to millions of our youth.
- Creating a Healthier World: by cooperating in research and development to eradicate diseases, and enabling affordable healthcare for all.
- Creating an Equitable World: by providing equality of opportunity to all, particularly through gender equality.
- Creating a Connected World: by enabling free flow of goods, persons and services.
- Creating a Harmonious World: by promoting ideologies, practices, and heritage that are centered on peaceful coexistence and living in harmony with nature.
- Diplomacy2019.08.17My visit will promote time-tested India-Bhutan ties: Modi
- India and the World2019.08.09Modi launches Kashmir outreach, promises a new dawn for J&K and Ladakh
- India and the World2019.08.07India mourns ex-foreign minister Sushma Swaraj: A gifted politician, orator and sensitive soul
- Politics2019.08.05President’s rule be extended because right now the legislative assembly does not exist : Shah