Terror threats loom large in India, with intelligence agencies warning of a possible hijack of a Delhi-Kabul flight by terrorists.
Security has been tightened at Delhi and other major airports across the country on January 4.
Reliable sources say that intelligence inputs suggest that an Air India flight could be targeted.
The security checks have been made more rigorous and even the staff members are being monitored.
The year 2015 has begun on an ominous note for India. On January 1, India’s Coastal Guard foiled a perceived terror threat from a suspicious boat laden with explosives that was reportedly coming from Karachi to stage a 26/11-like terror strike in Gujarat on the eve of two major global meets in Gandhinagar.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business with India2020.07.09India is playing a leading role in the global revival: Modi
- India and the World2020.07.06Doval-Wang video call defuses India-China crisis, focus back on border peace
- India and the World2020.07.03Australian envoy bats for India’s UNSC seat, closer cooperation in G-11 & Quad
- Diplomacy2020.07.02Trump’s G11 invitation a vote of confidence in India: Anil Wadhwa