Terror threats loom large in India, with intelligence agencies warning of a possible hijack of a Delhi-Kabul flight by terrorists.
Security has been tightened at Delhi and other major airports across the country on January 4.
Reliable sources say that intelligence inputs suggest that an Air India flight could be targeted.
The security checks have been made more rigorous and even the staff members are being monitored.
The year 2015 has begun on an ominous note for India. On January 1, India’s Coastal Guard foiled a perceived terror threat from a suspicious boat laden with explosives that was reportedly coming from Karachi to stage a 26/11-like terror strike in Gujarat on the eve of two major global meets in Gandhinagar.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- India and the World2021.01.19Modi set to visit UK for G7, Johnson likely to visit India
- China Connect2021.01.16Xi’s ‘cloud diplomacy’ helps world emerge from pandemic with enhanced solidarity
- India and the World2021.01.16Pharma Pride: PM Modi leads world’s biggest vaccination drive
- News2021.01.16World hasn’t seen vaccination drive of this level ever.Indian response to Corona has been acknowledged globally: PM