In a report that reinforces the Gulf’s importance as an economic hub, Dubai International Airport has overtaken London’s Heathrow to become the world’s busiest airport.
According to the most recent figure reported by the Airports Council International, covering the past 12 months through March 2014, Dubai leads the list of airports with the most passenger traffic. Propelled by the expansion of its state owned airlines, Emirates and the low-cost carrier FlyDubai, Dubai had been rapidly moving up the list of aviation traffic ranking in the last few years. In 2013, the state-owned airport came in second.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diplomacy2021.02.24India at forefront of global action against terrorism: Jaishankar at UNHRC
- India and the World2021.02.23India-Japan collaboration in the North-East region
- Diplomacy2021.02.22PM Morrison reaches out to India amid Australia v/s Facebook tussle
- India and the World2021.02.18Forging closer India-EU partnership in Indo-Pacific