Breaking yet another glass ceiling, Justice Gorla Rohini has become the first woman chief justice of the Delhi high court.
In a male-dominated judicial system in India, Chief Justice Rohini has brought in much cheer to women aspiring to scale new heights in their respective professions.
“I think the discrimination on the basis of gender is not a new talk in our country or in the world. But now, women are coming out and are not confining themselves to their homes,” said Justice Rohini in Delhi after assuming charge April 21.
The strength of women judged in the Delhi High Court has now increased to 10.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- India and the World2021.10.20India, EU review 2025 roadmap, agree to advance FTA talks
- India and the World2021.09.30Quad set to grow stronger, more focus on economic than China
- Diplomacy2021.09.27Webinar: Eminent diplomats, experts to map post-summit future of Quad
- Diplomacy2021.09.25Quad summit bats for free, open and inclusive Indo-Pacific