March 24 is observed every year as the World Tuberculosis Day to generate public awareness about tuberculosis. Despite available treatment, today TB remains a curse to humanity causing vast socio- economic loss. To mark the World Tuberculosis Day, this year the Health Ministry launched a major nationwide campaign “TB Harega, Desh Jeetega” featuring Bachchan. The actor himself battled the disease more than a decade ago.
Health Minister J. P. Nadda asserted that funds would never pose any constraints on India’s tuberculosis control programme and underlined that there was a need of creating a system which would plug the gaps arising out of improper and ineffective monitoring.
“Let me assure you, funds has never been a problem and will never be a problem. It is the issue of filling of the gaps. It is the improvement of systems. Problems have not arisen due to lack of funds, it has come because either we did not monitor or we could not make it effective. We have to plug the gaps,” he said.
A website of the National TB Control Programme has been launched.
Bachchan, who was unable to attend the event, sent a special message reaffirming his support to the anti-TB campaign. “This World TB Day, I urge my fellow countrymen to be more vigilant against the causes and symptoms of the disease, so that we can fight it with greater success… ”
“History has shown us that whenever we have stood together to eradicate a disease from our soil, we have done it and I truly believe with our combined might that TB Harega Desh Jeetega,” he said.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Power of India2020.09.22We live in an international community linked together at multiple levels by multiple arrangements : Shringla
- India and the World2020.09.22The UN faces a crisis of confidence and today’s challenges cannot be fought with outdated structures : Modi
- The Power of India2020.09.21Our agriculture sector is in desperate need of latest technology that assists the industrious farmers :Modi
- News2020.09.19NEP sets the vision of developing an equitable and vibrant knowledge society: President Kovind