India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi began a two-day visit to Bhutan on August 18. Ahead if his visit, in a departure statement, PM Modi underlined that his visit will promote time-tested and valued friendship between the two countries.
PM’Modi’s departure statement
“ My visit to Bhutan in the beginning of the current term reflects the high importance that the Government attaches to India’s relations with Bhutan, our trusted friend and neighbour. India and Bhutan enjoy excellent bilateral ties exemplified by our extensive development partnership, mutually beneficial hydro-power co-operation, and strong trade and economic linkages. These are, reinforced by a shared spiritual heritage and robust people-to-people ties.
Both countries jointly celebrated the Golden Jubilee of the establishment of formal diplomatic relations last year.India-Bhutan partnership today is of a special character and substance and forms an important pillar of Government of India’s ‘Neighbourhood First’ policy.
I look forward to having fruitful discussions with H.M. the King, H.M. the Fourth Druk Gyalpo and the Prime Minister of Bhutan on the entire gamut of our bilateral relations. I also look forward to addressing young Bhutanese students at the prestigious Royal University of Bhutan. I am confident that my visit will promote our time-tested and valued friendship with Bhutan and consolidate it further for the prosperous future and progress of the people of both our countries.”
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- India and the World2021.09.30Quad set to grow stronger, more focus on economic than China
- Diplomacy2021.09.27Webinar: Eminent diplomats, experts to map post-summit future of Quad
- Diplomacy2021.09.25Quad summit bats for free, open and inclusive Indo-Pacific
- What they Say2021.09.24Kamala Harris inspiration for the world: Modi