Russia has joined a host of friendly nations in expressing solidarity with India in the wake of floods in Kerala. In a letter sent to Russian President Ram Nath Kovind and Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Russian President Vladimir Putin said: “Kindly accept the deepest condolences over numerous human casualties caused by the devastating floods in Kerala, Russia hopes for a speedy recovery to all those injured from this natural disaster.”
Hundreds have died in Kerala this monsoon. Kerala’s Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan has told his cabinet that the state will need mega-funds to rebuild areas hit by floods, and rehabilitate victims.
“We have been worst-hit with the flood of the century. The damage is beyond imagination.” said Mr i Vijayan.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- China Connect2020.11.28A New Start, A New Journey
- Diplomacy2020.11.26India-Italy Connect: The Road Ahead (WEBINAR VIDEO)
- India and the World2020.11.25Italian envoy calls for rebalancing Europe-China ties, pitches for enhanced defence ties with India
- Diplomacy2020.11.24India eyes closer ties with Bahrain, UAE, and Seychelles