Delhi: India had sent out invites to leaders of BIMSTEC (Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation) countries, Kyrgz Republic and Mauritius for the swearing-in ceremony of Narendra Modi on May 30 as he steps into his second term as Prime Minister.The BIMSTEC nations include Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka and Thailand.
Bangladesh President Abdul Hamid, his Sri Lankan counter-part Maithripala Sirisena, President of the Kyrgyz Republic Sooronbay Jeenbekov, Myanmar President U Win Myint, Prime Minister of Mauritius Pravind Kumar Jugnauth, Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli and his Bhutan counterpart Lotay Tshering have arrived at the oath-taking ceremony.The Special Envoy of Thailand, Grisada Boonrach, arrived at the event.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- India and the World2020.07.06Doval-Wang video call defuses India-China crisis, focus back on border peace
- India and the World2020.07.03Australian envoy bats for India’s UNSC seat, closer cooperation in G-11 & Quad
- Diplomacy2020.07.02Trump’s G11 invitation a vote of confidence in India: Anil Wadhwa
- India and the World2020.07.01From G7 to G11: Australian envoy, top experts to unpack new world order