Underlining the government’s commitment of securing Achche Din (good days) for everyone in the country, India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi once again reiterated his tough massage and said any hate speeches and discrimination against any community won’t be tolerated.
The prime minister also hit out at the Sangh Parivar, the extended family of Hindu nationalist organisations, who have made anti-minorities comments in recent times, and said that those remarks were entirely “uncalled for”.
The Modi-led government has been accused of creating anti-minority sentiments since it came to power in May 2014. However, Mr Modi has been vocal about his non-tolerance towards any discrimination against minorities.
Sending a strong massage, he once again emphasised that the Indian Constitution guaranteed religious freedom to every citizen of India, and the government wouldn’t negotiate on that.
There have been cases where Christians and Muslims and their religious establishments have been targeted. In one of the most recent cases, about 400 Muslims of Atalli village, in Ballabgarh district of Haryana state, were attacked by the Hindus with bricks, swords and petrol bombs.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- Africa Insights2020.07.11Webinar Video: Mapping Next Steps in India-Africa Partnership
- China Connect2020.07.10It’s time to put India-China relations back on track, think ahead: Chinese envoy
- Business with India2020.07.09India is playing a leading role in the global revival: Modi
- India and the World2020.07.06Doval-Wang video call defuses India-China crisis, focus back on border peace