China has lauded Indian industrialist Ratan Tata for playing a “positive” in transforming relations between two Asian giants.
“Not long ago, Ratan Tata, the chief of India’s largest private sector company – The Tata Group, had said that India should not be too worried about China’s growing economic strength, but should instead focus on building an alliance with China,” said, the Shanghai-based ‘Liberation Daily.’
The daily quotes Tata extensively more robust Sino-India business ties and lauds his ‘positive straight talk’ in this area.
“The relationship between two major world powers-India and China should be ‘like the one between two allies’. He also went on to say that ‘it was quite doable for India to develop such relations with China,” it said.
- Manish Chand is Founder-CEO and Editor-in-Chief of India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) and India and World, a pioneering magazine focused on international affairs. He is CEO/Director of TGII Media Private Limited, an India-based media, publishing, research and consultancy company.
- India and the World2023.05.25India-Australia ties move into T20 mode: CECA, migration, green hydrogen focus areas
- India and the World2023.05.24India-Australia ties on upswing, CECA by year-end: Indian envoy
- India and the World2023.05.23Modi weaves spell in Sydney, announces new consulate in Brisbane
- In Conversation2023.05.21Modi Express in Sydney: Reimagining India-Australia ties beyond Cricket, Curry & China