China has lauded Indian industrialist Ratan Tata for playing a “positive” in transforming relations between two Asian giants.
“Not long ago, Ratan Tata, the chief of India’s largest private sector company – The Tata Group, had said that India should not be too worried about China’s growing economic strength, but should instead focus on building an alliance with China,” said, the Shanghai-based ‘Liberation Daily.’
The daily quotes Tata extensively more robust Sino-India business ties and lauds his ‘positive straight talk’ in this area.
“The relationship between two major world powers-India and China should be ‘like the one between two allies’. He also went on to say that ‘it was quite doable for India to develop such relations with China,” it said.
- Manish Chand is Founder-CEO and Editor-in-Chief of India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) and India and World, a pioneering magazine focused on international affairs. He is CEO/Director of TGII Media Private Limited, an India-based media, publishing, research and consultancy company.
- India and the World2020.12.24A New Era in India-Vietnam Strategic Partnership
- India and the World2020.12.21India-Vietnam Virtual Summit: Spotlight on defence, energy ties
- China Connect2020.12.03China’s New Development Philosophy: What it means for India
- India and the World2020.11.12With China on mind, India, UK set to deepen Indo-Pacific connect