A massive explosion rocked he Afghanistan parliament in Kabul on June 22, eliciting outrage across world capitals. India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi joined in the global chorus of condemnation, terming the attack as a “despicable and cowardly act” underlined India’s solidarity with the people of Afghanistan.
“The attack on the Afghanistan Parliament is a despicable & cowardly act. There is no place for such attacks in a democracy,” Mr Modi tweeted.
“My prayers are with those injured. We stand shoulder to shoulder with the people of Afghanistan in this hour of need.”
The Taliban has claimed responsibility for the deadly attack.
There are no reports of any Indian being injured in Taliban’s attack on Afghanistan Parliament in Kabul, Indian ambassador to Afghanistan Amar Sinha said.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diplomacy2021.02.24India at forefront of global action against terrorism: Jaishankar at UNHRC
- India and the World2021.02.23India-Japan collaboration in the North-East region
- Diplomacy2021.02.22PM Morrison reaches out to India amid Australia v/s Facebook tussle
- India and the World2021.02.18Forging closer India-EU partnership in Indo-Pacific