Call it twiplomacy. India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi has sent his warm greetings to the people of China, Korea, Vietnam and Mongolia in their native languages as they kick off the New Year celebrations with a lot of fanfare.
Dragon dances, fire-eating stunts and the exchange of gifts – Chinese people have ushered in the Year of the Sheep with great fanfare.
“Greetings on the start of the Chinese New Year. May the coming year brighten your lives with peace, joy and prosperity,” Mr Modi tweeted on February 19. Mr Modi is expected go on his maiden visit to China in May this year, a landmark trip that is expected to provide a fresh ballast to multi-layered relations between the two Asian giants.
Mr Modi also conveyed his greetings to the people of Vietnam and South Korea. To wish Korean citizens, he said, “Seollal greetings to my Korean friends around the world. I pray that the coming year brings with it tremendous happiness and prosperity.”
In his tweet to Vietnamese people, Mr Modi said, “On the occasion of Tet and the coming of Spring, may I wish the people of Vietnam a New Year with full of happiness, peace and good health.”
For Mongolia, the Prime Minister said, “TsagaanSar greetings to my sisters and brothers of Mongolia. Have a wonderful year ahead, filled with success, joy and good health.”
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- India and the World2022.06.27In Alpine resort, Modi calls for creating pro-planet people
- India and the World2022.05.21Quad summit in Tokyo to focus on rules-based Indo-Pacific
- China Connect2022.05.19Implement Global Security Initiative, Maintain Peace and Stability in Asia
- India and the World2022.05.17India-Nepal ties strong & stables as Himalayas: Modi