As the August 15 deadline for constructing toilets in all schools in India approaches, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has rightly directed the officials, public sector undertakings and private entities to assess the progress made, so that bottlenecks, if any, could be removed. He asked all the participants engaged this initiative to expedite the work and to ensure the target is met much before the deadline.
At the ‘Swachh Vidyalaya Programme’ meeting held in New Delhi, the prime minister was informed about the status of construction of toilets in schools across various states by the governments, PSUs as well as private sector entities.
During his Independence Day speech last year, Mr Modi had announced that his government would ensure that the toilets are constructed in all schools within a year.
Based on the latest data presented to him, he noted that several states were on the verge of achieving 100 per cent target.
Mr Modi directed Cabinet Secretary Ajit Seth and Cabinet Secretary-designate P.K. Sinha to review the data being reported from various states, so that any bottlenecks in the implementation of the vision – ‘Swachh Vidyalaya’- can be removed within the timeframe.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diplomacy2021.09.27Webinar: Eminent diplomats, experts to map post-summit future of Quad
- Diplomacy2021.09.25Quad summit bats for free, open and inclusive Indo-Pacific
- What they Say2021.09.24Kamala Harris inspiration for the world: Modi
- Diplomacy2021.09.24India, Australia PMs discuss Covid-19, clean energy amid AUKUS row