As the August 15 deadline for constructing toilets in all schools in India approaches, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has rightly directed the officials, public sector undertakings and private entities to assess the progress made, so that bottlenecks, if any, could be removed. He asked all the participants engaged this initiative to expedite the work and to ensure the target is met much before the deadline.
At the ‘Swachh Vidyalaya Programme’ meeting held in New Delhi, the prime minister was informed about the status of construction of toilets in schools across various states by the governments, PSUs as well as private sector entities.
During his Independence Day speech last year, Mr Modi had announced that his government would ensure that the toilets are constructed in all schools within a year.
Based on the latest data presented to him, he noted that several states were on the verge of achieving 100 per cent target.
Mr Modi directed Cabinet Secretary Ajit Seth and Cabinet Secretary-designate P.K. Sinha to review the data being reported from various states, so that any bottlenecks in the implementation of the vision – ‘Swachh Vidyalaya’- can be removed within the timeframe.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is a pioneering e-magazine and portal focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have been interviewed by and have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. To subscribe to India and World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- News2020.05.30The present and future of 130 crore will never be dictated by an adversity : Modi
- China Connect2020.05.28India-China border stand-off: Chinese envoy calls for settling amicably, invokes close ties
- Diplomacy2020.05.27Trump offers to mediate in India-China border standoff
- Africa Insights2020.05.26Pandemic & Beyond: India, Africa to forge defining partnership of next decades: Rahul Chhabra