Barely weeks after the Ufa meeting between the leaders of India and Pakistan, the Pakistani troops have violated ceasefire and resorted to heavy cross-border firing again, provoking retaliation from the Indian side.
The Pakistan Rangers and troops resorted to mortar shelling across the LoC in Jammu that was unprovoked at various places along the LoC in Poonch district and Pallanwalla area in Jammu. The increasing number of violations taking place across the LoC shows that the peace talks in the Russian city of Ufa between Prime Ministers of both the countries on July 10 seems to have had no positive impact.
The latest incident of ceasefire violations is said to be the 20th such violation by Pakistan since July. According to some news reports, it is said that Pakistan is trying to push armed terrorists to India since its failed infiltration attempts of late. The Gurdaspur terrorist attack is a chilling reminder of the ever present danger of extremist forces across the border trying to undermine efforts aimed at bringing some semblance of normalcy in relations between the two estranged neighbours.
According to BSF, there were no casualties or damage to property on the Indian side. However, according to some media reports there are an estimated 200 terrorists camping on the Pakistan side of the LoC, looking for opportunities to sneak into India. The forthcoming talks between the National Security Advisors of the two countries, proposed in the last week of August, would look to address these issues connected to terrorism.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- China Connect2022.05.19Implement Global Security Initiative, Maintain Peace and Stability in Asia
- India and the World2022.05.17India-Nepal ties strong & stables as Himalayas: Modi
- Quote-Unquote2022.05.04India believes there will be no winner in Russia-Ukraine conflict : Modi
- India and the World2022.05.02Modi, German Chancellor discuss Ukraine, Indo-Pacific