It’s probably the first time an Indian prime minister will be accompanied by such a large and high-power business delegation that includes a veritable who’s who of India’s business world. This 20-plus member business delegation includes Indian industry giants such as Mukesh Ambani, chairman, Reliance Industries, Gautam Adani, chairman, Adani Group, Kumar Mangalam Birla, chairman, AV Birla Group, Hari Bhartia, co-chairman & MD, Jubilant Bhartia Group, Sunil Mittal, chairman, Bharti Enterprise, Pawan Munjal, vice-chairman and MD, Hero Motocorp, Shashi Ruia, chairman, Essar Group and Azim Premji, chairman, Wipro.
Other leading industrialists and executives included in the delegation are: Dilip Shanghvi, vice chairman, Sun Pharmaceuticals, Baba Kalyani, chairman, Kalyani Group, AM Naik, chairman & MD, Larsen & Toubro, Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, CMD, Biocon, Chanda Kochhar, MD & CEO, ICICI Bank, S Ramadorai, vice chairman, TCS, Harsh Neotia, chairman, Ambuja Neotia Group, RC Bhargava, chairman, Maruti Suzuki, Rajiv Modi, chairman & MD, Cadila Pharmaceuticals, DK Sarraf, CMD, ONGC, Sunil Srivastava, CMD, Indian Oil Corporation, Ajay Shiram, chairman, DCM Shriram and Talleen Kumar, MD & CEO, Delhi Mumbai Industrial & Development Corporation.
During the visit of Prime Minister Modi, India-Japan CEO Forum will also hold a meeting to map out ways for enhancing business ties between the two countries.
New Delhi and Tokyo are already cooperating to build the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) project, a 1,483 kilometre dedicated freight corridor. India has also sought Japanese investment for the 100 smart cities the government plans to build.
Currently, about 1000 Japanese companies have a presence in India. Japan is also one of the largest source of foreign direct investment into India, with Japanese companies pouring in USD 16.26 billion worth of investment between April 2000 and April 2014.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- India and the World2021.11.26Putin visit to India: 2+2 boost for India-Russia ties
- Diplomacy2021.11.2626/11@13: India reminds Pakistan of closure, justice for Mumbai terror victims
- India and the World2021.11.18PM Modi warns world about crypto-currencies falling in wrong hands
- Business with India2021.11.15FTAs with Australia, UK, UAE on fast track: Piyush Goyal