BRISBANE: India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi was the most sought after leader at the G20 summit of the world’s leading economies, says Suresh Prabhu, India’s Sherpa for the G20 summit and the country’s railways minister.
Besides attending the G20 summit, where Mr Modi made his presence felt by underlining India’s commitment to economic reforms and exhorting the world to closely coordinate to take urgent action on black money, also held a clutch of bilateral meeting. He held a series of meetings with, among others, the leaders of the US, Britain, France, Germany and Saudi Arabia.
“India has affirmed commitment to crack down on black money,” Mr Prabhu told reporters in Brisbane at the end of the G20 summit.
“There was clearly a personality factor at play,” Syed Akbaruddin, the spokesperson of India’s external affairs ministry, said while alluding to various meetings Mr Modi held with world leaders. He added that the prime minister’s pet schemes like Make in India initiative and the financial inclusion plan entitled Jan Dhan Yojana garnered approval from the leaders of the G20 economies.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Power of India2020.08.07National Education Policy aims to keep the current and future generations – Future Ready : Modi
- India and the World2020.07.31Indian Ocean connect: Modi brands India’s development partnership
- India and the World2020.07.31China’s envoy rejects threat narrative, focuses on win-win with India
- Diplomacy2020.07.29ISIS threat in Kerala and Karnataka