By Radhika Singh
France, a permanent member of the UN Security Council and a trusted strategic partner, has expressed “deep solidarity” over the death of 20 Indian soldiers in a face-off with Chinese troops along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) on June 1.
In a letter to her Indian counterpart Rajnath Singh, French Defence Minister Florence Parly conveyed “steadfast and friendly support” to India. “This was a hard blow against the soldiers, their families, and the nation. In these difficult circumstances, I wish to express my steadfast and friendly support, along with that of the French armed forces,” Ms Parly wrote in the letter.
In response to a “special request” by the Indian Air Force to fast-track the deliveries of Rafale fighter jets, France is planning to send six Rafale fighter planes to the country.
French Ambassador to India Emmanuel Lenain has envisaged a closer partnership in education and people-to-people exchanges between India and France. As the world gears up for a new post-pandemic world, France and India could immensely benefit from their close partnership in education and people-to-people exchanges through innovative ways that would foster cooperation and deepen strategic ties, said Mr Lenain said. “At the core of the strategic partnership between India and France lie strong people-to-people ties. As France and India gradually emerge from their lockdowns, enhanced exchanges will pave the way for a new world. Trusted global scientific collaboration is the need of the hour since no country can achieve a breakthrough alone. Our country recognizes that education will play a critical role in shaping a post-pandemic world, and thus reiterates that Indian students and researchers are welcome in France,” Mr Lenain remarked.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- Africa Insights2022.07.20Jaishankar outlines new triad for India-Africa ties: health digital and green growth
- Diplomacy2022.07.20India, Africa co-partners in economic growth: Piyush Goyal
- India and the World2022.07.15I2U2 Quad unveils plans for making India regional food hub
- News2022.07.11Modi unveils National Emblem cast on the roof of the new Parliament