Wishing India ahead of its 69th Independence Day, Russia’s President Vladimir Putin has said that his country gives significant importance to launch the process for India’s membership to the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) which will “open new vistas” for broader and productive cooperation between the two sides.
“We attach great importance to the launch of procedure for India’s joining the SCO, which opens up new vistas for broader and productive cooperation between our nations,” said President Putin.
The process to make India full member of the SCO was started at the grouping’s annual summit in the Russian city of Ufa in July which was attended by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Mr Putin also wished the people of India and expressed confidence in the expansion of bilateral ties between the two countries. He praised India for achieving success in economic, scientific, technical, social and humanitarian spheres and emphasised that through joint efforts both countries will ensure growth of overall bilateral ties and partnership in addressing the burning issues of regional and global agenda.
“This meets the fundamental interests of our nations and goes in line with providing international stability and security,” he added.
India is expected to play a much bigger role in the SCO once the process of membership is completed, as it gets elevated from an observer status to a full time member.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Power of India2020.08.07National Education Policy aims to keep the current and future generations – Future Ready : Modi
- India and the World2020.07.31Indian Ocean connect: Modi brands India’s development partnership
- India and the World2020.07.31China’s envoy rejects threat narrative, focuses on win-win with India
- Diplomacy2020.07.29ISIS threat in Kerala and Karnataka