Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton has pitched for enhanced cooperation between India and the US to jointly combat a host of regional and global threats, including violence, terrorism and poverty.
Speaking to a delegation of Ahimsa Vishwa Bharti, led by Jain leader Acharya Dr Lokesh Muni, Ms Clinton said that violence and terrorism can’t solve any issue, but dialogues and discussions can. She stressed that religious leaders can make the world a better place to live in.
India and the US have a robust wide-ranging security and counter-terror cooperation. Against the backdrop of proliferation global threats, this counter-terror cooperation between the world’s oldest and largest democracies is only set to grow stronger in days to come.
Hillary Clinton, who is seeking a Democratic presidential nomination to run for the White House in 2016 election, appreciated the “peace education” programme initiated by Acharya Muni. In return, Muni invited her to India to participate in the 10th anniversary celebration of Ahimsa Vishwa Bharti.
If elected, Ms Clinton would become the first woman president of the United States.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- What they Say2021.06.21Yoga a source of inner strength: PM Modi
- Culture2021.06.21Yoga a ray of hope & confidence in time of pandemic: PM Modi
- Africa Insights2021.06.17India-Eswatini Ties on Higher Trajectory
- India and the World2021.06.16US, Russia will launch strategic stability dialogue, talks positive: Biden