The exercise, named Ajeya Warrior, is taking place at Westdown Camp, Salisbury Plains Training Area in the UK. It will simulate a situation where both India and the UK are working together on a joint operation in counter insurgency and counter terrorism.
The exercise seeks to develop and promote positive military relations between Indian and the UK Army and to enhance their ability to undertake joint tactical level operations in counter terrorism and counter insurgency environment under United Nations Charter.
A company strength of about 120 troops will participate from a battalion of the Kumaon Regiment of the Indian Army. At the training centre, they will familiarise themselves with the weapons, equipment, tactical drills, and orient themselves with the terrain. The drill, which will continue until June 28, 2015, will be attended by senior officers from both the armies.
The previous Indo-UK Joint Military training was held on April 4, 2013 at the hills of Belgaum in Karnataka.
This exercise is one of the major ongoing bilateral defence cooperation endeavors between the two nations. It is also the fifth in the series, which initially began in 2007 and is held in India and the UK alternatively.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- Diplomacy2022.08.17India with France: Modi, Macron discuss civil nuclear energy, defence, food security
- India and the World2022.08.16Quad is about seascape, not landscape: Tomohiko Taniguchi
- India and the World2022.08.15India@100: PM Modi unveils next steps for making India a developed nation by 2047
- Africa Insights2022.07.20Jaishankar outlines new triad for India-Africa ties: health digital and green growth