Signalling a thaw in India-Pakistan relations, the National Security Advisors (NSA) of India and Pakistan Ajit Doval and General Naseer Janjua met in Bangkok on December 6 to discuss all issues including terrorism in Jammu and Kashmir. The meeting between the two NSAs took place a week after Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Pakistan counterpart Nawaz Sharif met on the sidelines of the COP21 in Paris. Mr Doval met Mr Janjua and discussed a tentative roadmap to resume engagement. The talks have set the stage for External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj’s visit to Islamabad on December 8 to attend the Heart of Asia security conference which will discuss the future of Afghanistan.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- India and the World2022.12.01India@G20: A presidency of healing, harmony and hope
- Diplomacy2022.11.27India’s G20 presidency to focus on global good: PM Modi
- Diplomacy2022.11.16Modi’s green diplomacy in Bali: India joins Mangrove Alliance for Climate
- Diplomacy2022.11.15India calls for Ukraine dialogue, focus on energy security