The president of China International Publishing Group (CIPG), Zhou Mingwei, expressed his wishes to strengthen ties with Indian media when meeting with a delegation of Indian journalists on Sunday, Feb. 23, 2014, in Beijing.
The delegation, headed by Manish Chand, editor-in-chief of India Writes website (Indiawrites.org), also represented major Indian media organizations such as Press Trust of India, Indian Express, The Week magazine, National Duniya newspaper and Rediff website.
Zhou said that China and India, as bordering neighbors, do share more common interests than differences. Zhou also acknowledged Indian’s rapid development in the field of computer software engineering, as well as its successful experiences in outsourcing services which have shown New Delhi’s capability to make full use of its traditional scientific and technological strengths while properly handling the issues that come with a large population.
He said CIPG, with its expertise in publishing in various foreign languages, longs to seek deepened cooperation with India’s leading publishers.
Chand in turn responded positively to the proposed initiative. He said most Indian people respect China’s achievements and are amazed at how rapid the Chinese economy has grown over the past decades. Equally, Indian people respect the Chinese government’s efforts in improving equality through measures such as combating corruption, curbing the income gap and, in a most recent case, relaxing the nation’s “one child policy.”
Zhou added that the upcoming China-India Media Forum would provide a prime opportunity for deepening mutual understanding between the two peoples.
(This article was published in china.org.cn)
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- India and the World2021.09.17With Taliban on mind, Modi asks SCO to forge template against extremism
- Business with India2021.09.16India, UK eye interim trade deal, aim for $30 billion target
- India and the World2021.09.09BRICS@15 summit: Modi calls for making BRICS more result-oriented
- India and the World2021.09.03India, Russia deepen Far-East connect ahead of Putin’s visit