“Prime Minister did say then and he repeated that again to Prime Minister Netanyahu (of Israel) that India is proud of a tradition of more than 2000 years that there was never any discrimination against any Jewish resident in India; and both the Jewish leaders this morning as well as Prime Minister Netanyahu acknowledged that anti-Semitism was not something that any Jews faced in India,” said Syed Akbaruddin, Spokesperson for India’s External Affairs Ministry.
The Jewish delegation expressed the desire for enhanced cooperation between the US, Israel and India.
“The American Jewish community is a very strong advocacy group in the US and they are also great supporters of India-US-Israeli relationship. They met in the context of normal meetings that they’ve had, even with the previous Prime Minister. This is not the first time that they’ve had meetings with visiting Prime Ministers,” added Akbaruddin.
Earlier on September 28, Modi had met Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, with whom he discussed possibility of stepping up cooperation in the defence sector. They discussed topics cooperation in the spheres from agriculture and water management to defence and cyber security besides enhancing trade between the two countries.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diplomacy2022.10.05German Unity Day celebrations: Olympic gold, music & dance…
- Diplomacy2022.09.29Modi’s Tokyo visit: Abe power will continue to propel India-Japan ties
- Diplomacy2022.09.28War of narratives: Jaishankar takes on the US media for its “biased” coverages
- Diplomacy2022.09.28Days after Modi-Putin meeting, Lavrov backs India for UNSC seat