The Trinidadian-born British writer said that just like Nazis, the ISIS believe in its own racial superiority, and it is comparable to Adolf Hitler’s regime in terms of its sheer barbarity and extremism.
Calling it a Fourth Reich, Mr Naipual said that the ISIS has associated itself with the murder of Shias, Jews, Christians, Copts, Yazidis and anyone it can; all for the sake of its racial superiority. He has called for its ‘military annihilation’ as it has become the most potent threat to the world since the Third Reich. He also urged the world to expand their efforts to destroy the group and preserve the “ideological and material freedoms” of the world.
“Just as the Third Reich did, Isis categorises its enemies as worthy of particular means of execution from decapitation to crucifixion and death by fire,” he added.
A winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature in 2001, Mr Naipaul, one of the finest novelists in the English language, said that like the Nazis, the ISIS is anti-democratic and likened it to a totalitarian-state, absolute in its authority. He also added that while the Nazis presented themselves as the guardians of civilization by stealing art work and preserve them, the ISIS is committed to destroy art, artefacts and archaeological sites of the great empires preserved for centuries.
Known for his sharp views on Muslims, Mr Naipaul stirred controversy in the past for his critical views of Islam in which he argued that its followers have attempted to wipe out other cultures and converted people worse than in any type of colonialism. He wrote two books exclusively on Islam, “Beyond Belief” and “Among the Believers”, for which he travelled to several Muslim countries to observe and research.
The novelist underlined that the “Goebbels will be proud” of the professional standards of mass killing and cruelty it has produced and shown through films and videos.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- India and the World2022.06.27In Alpine resort, Modi calls for creating pro-planet people
- India and the World2022.05.21Quad summit in Tokyo to focus on rules-based Indo-Pacific
- China Connect2022.05.19Implement Global Security Initiative, Maintain Peace and Stability in Asia
- India and the World2022.05.17India-Nepal ties strong & stables as Himalayas: Modi