The Forbes 2014 ‘honour roll of the Fabulous 50’ grades Asia-Pacific’s best and biggest publicly traded companies.
The magazine also ranked India second as “the world’s next growth engine”. With 16 companies on the list China placed first.
The Indian companies on the list include Asian Paints, Axis Bank, HCL Technologies, HDFC Bank, Lupin, Mahindra and Mahindra, Mothersome Sumi Systems, Sun Pharma, TCS, Tata Motors, Tech Mahindra and Titan.
These companies were selected from a pool of 1,300 companies in the region that have at least 3 billion USD in market cap or annual revenue. They list did not include companies which were more than 50 percent state-owned.
Forbes ranked the companies on the basis of their performance measures and outlook.
India has done well in comparison to other Asian economic giants. South Korea has six companies on the list, followed by Hong Kong with three, while Japan, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand have two companies each.
In another Forbes list released on August 21, five Indian companies placed on the Forbes’ list of world’s 100 most innovative companies list.
This list included Hindustan Unilever (HUL), Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Larsen and Turbo, Sun Pharmaceuticals and Bajaj Auto.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is a pioneering e-magazine and portal focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have been interviewed by and have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. To subscribe to India and World, write to email@example.com
- Africa Insights2020.06.01India, Africa should accelerate UNSC reforms: South Africa’s BRICS Sherpa
- News2020.05.30The present and future of 130 crore will never be dictated by an adversity : Modi
- China Connect2020.05.28India-China border stand-off: Chinese envoy calls for settling amicably, invokes close ties
- Diplomacy2020.05.27Trump offers to mediate in India-China border standoff