TAIPEI/BEIJING: Imparting renewed momentum to warming cross-straits relations, China has cleared the way for more flights between it and Taiwan that is set to increase travel and people-to-people contacts.
China has agreed to let 14 more Chinese cities fly direct regular or charter flights to Taiwan, said Taiwan’s Civil Aeronautics Administration Jan 21.
Since the cross-strait rapprochement started between China and the self-ruled island, which calls itself the Republic of China, there has been a dramatic upswing in popular contacts between the two sides. Taiwan has now 558 weekly flights with China.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- The Power of India2020.08.07National Education Policy aims to keep the current and future generations – Future Ready : Modi
- India and the World2020.07.31Indian Ocean connect: Modi brands India’s development partnership
- India and the World2020.07.31China’s envoy rejects threat narrative, focuses on win-win with India
- Diplomacy2020.07.29ISIS threat in Kerala and Karnataka