“If you want to invest in a market where there is scale, come to India… If you want to invest in start-ups with a huge market, come to India…If you want to invest in one of the world’s largest infrastructure ecosystem, come to India, Thus if you want to invest in urbanisation, come to India, got USD 286 bn FDI in last five years, which is half of what it got in previous 20 year.We have taken numerous decisions to increase investors confidence including scraping of 50 old laws which were coming in way of development.This is just the beginning. We have a long innings ahead. The world business has a golden opportunity to partner with India in this journey.”
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said while addressing the Bloomberg Global Business Forum in New York
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. Centre for Global India Insights is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to firstname.lastname@example.org. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs.
- India and the WorldDecember 1, 2023COP28: PM Modi to pitch for accelerating climate finance
- India and the WorldNovember 30, 2023Inclusivity has been at the heart of India’s G20 Presidency: PM Modi
- India and the WorldNovember 23, 2023G20 Virtual Summit: Modi unveils new pro-South initiatives, voices concern over Israel-Hamas War
- India and the WorldNovember 15, 2023It’s time for Global South: India, South Africa, Cuba pitch for reforming global governance