In a historic move that could prove to be a game-changer for India’s economic fortunes, Prime Minister Narendra Modi underlined that GST will enhance the ease of doing business and help create a New India. The path-breaking tax reform was launched just after midnight by the PM Modi and President Pranab Mukherjee.
Addressing the nation at the Central Hall of Parliament ahead of the GST launch at midnight, PM Modi said GST will not only ease the process of doing business but will also improve the way of doing business.It will play an important role in achieving the goal of New India, scope of GST is unlimited to financial system, India will now move in a new direction, after the introduction of GST things will become easier for them. It is not just a simple taxation system but will also help us fight corruption and black money. He added that it will also help us introduce a new type of governance Today we are moving ahead. India is heading towards an advanced taxation system through GST
He added that from Sri Ganganagar to Itanagar and Leh to Lakshadeep, there will be one nation, one tax. Now, this dream of ours will be fulfilled, it is a coincidence that Geeta has 18th chapters and GST council also had 18 meetings before the implementation of GST,he said reaching a consensus for GST wasn’t easy. PM referred to 1947 as tryst.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is a pioneering e-magazine and portal focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have been interviewed by and have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. To subscribe to India and World, write to email@example.com
- In Conversation2020.06.05India a rising global power, a natural partner: Czech Foreign Minister (INTERVIEW)
- Diplomacy2020.06.04India, Australia elevate partnership; sign seven agreements
- Diplomacy2020.06.04Virtual summit: India, Australia elevate ties, sign maritime declaration
- Business with India2020.06.02Modi revives hope: Yes, India will get economic growth back