The ordeal of eleven Indians languishing in a Nigerian prison for two years has come to an end with their release.
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj confirmed their release on July 4.
In a tweet, the minister also lauded the efforts of India’s High Commissioner in Nigeria B. N Reddy. for expediting their repatriation.
The 11 Indians were employees of a Merchant Navy firm; they were arrested along with the he entire for violating laws of international waters in 2014.
Ms Swaraj also underlined that all efforts were being made to secure the release of the two Indians abducted in Nigeria last week.
- India Writes Network (www.indiawrites.org) is an emerging think tank and a media-publishing company focused on international affairs & the India Story. A venture of TGII Media Private Limited, a leading media, publishing and consultancy company, IWN has carved a niche for balanced and exhaustive reporting and analysis of international affairs. Eminent personalities, politicians, diplomats, authors, strategy gurus and news-makers have contributed to India Writes Network, as also “India and the World,” a magazine focused on global affairs. The Global Insights India (TGII) is the research arm of India Writes Network. To subscribe to India and the World, write to email@example.com
- The Power of India2020.08.07National Education Policy aims to keep the current and future generations – Future Ready : Modi
- India and the World2020.07.31Indian Ocean connect: Modi brands India’s development partnership
- India and the World2020.07.31China’s envoy rejects threat narrative, focuses on win-win with India
- Diplomacy2020.07.29ISIS threat in Kerala and Karnataka